Just when you thought owning a Thermomix couldn’t get any better, Vorwerk has done it again. Introducing the newest Thermomix accessory – the blade cover and peeler.
The Thermomix Blade Cover & Peeler is the 2-in-1 accessory for the Thermomix® TM6® and TM5 that will take your cooking to the next level. Clean, scrub and peel vegetables without the mess or fuss at the touch of a button.
The new generation Blade Cover and Peeler not only protects the food during slow cooking and sous-vide cooking but now effortlessly scrubs and peels your potatoes. Why peel potatoes when you don’t have to? With the new Blade Cover & Peeler, your Thermomix TM5 or TM6 will effortlessly peel your potatoes and root veg for you.
- The Blade Cover & Peeler is placed over the blade. To do this, hold it by the central plastic insert and make sure the shaft with the peeler is correctly positioned. Ensure the upward curved parts are on top of the higher positioned blades then press peeler down to secure it to the mixing knife. Place the vegetables in the mixing bowl (max. 800 g). For best results, use vegetables of the same size.
- Add 600 g water, regardless of the number of vegetables used, and add 1 tsp oil (optional) to reduce frothing.
- When using your Thermomix TM6, secure the lid and measuring cup then start Peeler mode.
- With the Thermomix TM5, place the simmering basket on the mixing bowl lid instead of the measuring cup and peel your vegetables 4 minutes/speed 4.
- Once the mode has finished, drain the peeled vegetables (retain the nutrient-rich water to water your plants) and continue preparing your recipe.
Sous-vide cooking and slow cooking
The blade cover peeler is the perfect accessory to make-ahead meals. These melt-in-the-mouth dishes will wait until your family or guests are ready to eat, without overcooking. The peeler function will help with the preparation, leaving your hands free and clean for other things. Let Thermomix take the effort out of cooking.
You’ll transform cheaper cuts of meat, fish, and poultry into the richest melt-in-the-mouth dishes by cooking them low and slow with the Thermomix Blade Cover attached for slow cooker mode. Just let your new Thermomix slow cooker do its thing while you do yours (work time, family time, or my time). Your food will be kept warm, without over-cooking, until you’re ready to plate up.
Or try out the French sous vide method when you treat yourself to those more expensive, finer cuts of meat and fish. Follow the simple guided cooking steps and we guarantee you’ll get the biggest restaurant-quality bang for your buck with the juiciest, nutrient-rich, and perfectly tender food you’ve ever cooked.
This beef rendang is by far my favourite slow-cooked meal using the blade cover peeler and I highly recommend it.
You can buy the blade peeler cover directly on the Vowerk UK website, here. If you’ve enjoyed this article then please add me as your Advisor, if you don’t have one. Either type my Advisor Number, 800 000 0068 or start typing my name, Ankita Stopa and it’ll come up. I don’t make commissions on accessories, but it’s just nice to be linked so we can stay in touch especially for recipe swaps and recommendations.
Keep cooking up a storm.
Contact me today
Advisor Name: Ankita Stopa
Advisor ID: 800 000 0068
Phone: 07977 563537