Did you know you can make play dough in next to no time with everyday ingredients found in your kitchen cupboards. Save money and involve the kids in this brilliant recipe.
This homemade play dough is simple, natural, and perfect for entertaining children. They enjoy helping make it almost as much as they enjoy playing with it! And this recipe delivers soft play dough they can play with for hours.
- 10 g salt
- 250 g water
- 15g cream of tartar
- 250 g plain flour
- 15g oil coconut, vegetable etc. are all fine
- food colouring
- Place the salt into the Thermomix bowl and mix on Speed 10 for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the water and cream of tartar and cook for 5 minutes, 60 degrees, Speed 3.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the plain flour and the oil and mix together for 50 seconds, Speed 4.
- Knead for 1 minute on speed spoon/ interval speed.
- Check the texture and if it’s a little sticky, add some more flour and knead for a further 30 seconds.
- Separate the playdough into several bowls.
- Add 1 tiny drop of food colouring to each bowl and mix together with your hands until the colour is evenly dispersed (wear gloves!).
- Wrap the playdough in cling wrap and store it in an airtight container in the fridge.
Disclaimer – Thermomix® is a cooking appliance intended to be only used for food preparation.
However, the recipes here are things I do with my own Thermomix. I also have multiple Thermomixes and TM bowls, so I can safely use separate bowls for making these without any cross-contamination. I also clean the bowls thoroughly with soap, then vinegar, and finally run it through the dishwasher to ensure that it is thoroughly clean before making a food recipe in my bowl. If in any doubt, don’t make them.