That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet”
Quote from Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
After scouring the web and asking around, it appears that naming your Thermomix is not an uncommon practice. Not only that, but it seems to be considered the perfectly normal thing to do. Your appliance will love its name and serve you more diligently because of its christening with a name. They say, naming your favourite kitchen appliance means that you tend to look after them better as they have been personified, christened with a name.
My Thermomix has only been referred to as my Thermie, hence One Girl and her Thermie, but I feel I need to be more creative.
So, how do you choose your name?
- Does your Thermomix have a gender? They say that we usually name our inanimate objects female names.
- Are you choosing a name after a loved one?
- Or a favorite cartoon character?
- Does the name explain it’s function? Coming up with a name for your refrigerator can be difficult. It is the cool, tall and always helpful friend that is always willing to share. The nickname that embodies all of these traits is Mr. Freeze. This Batman villain would be proud to know that his name is shared with your fabulous refrigerator/freezer.
A quick scroll online I found some super names for their Thermomix with reasons.
- “I’ve named my Thermomix….’Diamond’ because diamond’s are a girl’s best friend”
- “Audrey” as in Hepburn, because she’s so glamourous.
- Speedy Gonzalez, Speedy for short, as everything is done so quickly.
- Remy, the rat in Ratatoulle that learns anyone can cook.