With all the Christmas cookies, cakes, and other treats everywhere during the holiday season, it’s nice to give a homemade gift that’s not actually food. Though the ingredients in this recipe can be found in your kitchen, this Gingerbread Body Scrub is a perfect way to look after dry and tired skin. The added bonus, it smells and feels delicious!
There is something about the holiday season that I want to immerse myself in completely. It’s getting colder and darker, every day. The spirit of Christmas is around the corner and one of the things that keeps me in high spirits is enjoying the festive season to the fullest. This Gingerbread Body Scrub is not only great for the skin during these cold, dry winter months but with all these spices that emulate Christmas, which means that you can enjoy the scent all day long.
- 220g granulated sugar
- 170g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon all spice, ground
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 60g coconut oil, melted
- 30g almond or apricot kernel oil
- storage jar
- Place granulated and brown sugar, vanilla and spices into TM bowl and mix 20 seconds, speed 3, Reverse blade
- Weigh and combine the oils in a small dish on the TM lid.
- Set TM to 1 minute, speed 3, Reverse blade, MC off and while blades are moving, slowly pour in oils until well combined.
- Scoop out the sugar scrub into a wide-rimmed sealable jar.
Disclaimer – Thermomix® is a cooking appliance intended to be only used for food preparation.
However, the recipes here are things I do with my own Thermomix. I also have multiple Thermomixes and TM bowls, so I can safely use separate bowls for making these without any cross-contamination. I also clean the bowls thoroughly with soap, then vinegar, and finally run it through the dishwasher to ensure that it is thoroughly clean before making a food recipe in my bowl. If in any doubt, don’t make them.