So you’ve just purchased your Thermomix and with Cookidoo at your fingertips, here’s my top 5 first recipes to make in your Thermomix in your first few days.
- Vegetable Stock Paste Ever wanted to make your own vegetable stock!? Well, now you can — no hidden ingredients, no additives, just delicious. This makes a great starter for soups, curries, stews, pot pies, and for adding flavour to grains while they cook. Even better, I love to use whatever vegetables are in the bottom of my fridge draw or when you are a seasoned Thermomix user, you will have a bag of vegetable scraps and peelings in the freezer ready to go. https://cookidoo.co.uk/recipes/recipe/en-GB/r39219
- Banana bread Moist and delicious banana bread recipe. Easy to make, this is the perfect first cake to make in your Thermomix Ripe bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and flour. https://onegirlandherthermie.co.uk/hummingbird-bakery-banana-bread/
- Risotto Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. There are hundreds of risotto recipes on Cookidoo but this Courgette and Feta Risotto is among my favourite recipes for two reasons, hiding vegetables in food that my kids would never eat. They dislike courgettes, yet in this recipe it’s so delicious, that they don’t even know what they are eating. And for adults and parents out there, this is a winner. https://cookidoo.co.uk/recipes/recipe/en-GB/r128889
- Pizza The reason I choose this as it’s another meal that’s super easy in the Thermomix and can be adjusted to all taste buds. Pizza Margherita is a typical Neapolitan pizza, made with San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, salt and extra-virgin olive oil. Everyone loves a staple pizza and if you are more adventurous just add the various toppings you prefer. Everyone is happy. https://cookidoo.co.uk/recipes/recipe/en-GB/r39452
- Frozen strawberry daiquiri I’ll always remember doing a demonstration to clients who were gluten-free, dairy-free and sugar-free. I spent most of the demonstration talking about the health benefits of the Thermomix and how it could help their healthy-eating lifestyle. I’ll always remember the first recipe they made, daiquiris. So I include it here a great final choice, why not, it makes a fabulous cocktail too. https://cookidoo.co.uk/recipes/recipe/en-GB/r126704